Federal Criminal Defense
Being a former Assistant District Attorney in Mecklenburg County and a former law clerk with the United States Attorney’s Office (Criminal Division) for the Eastern District of North Carolina, Harold understands the complexities of navigating through delicate investigatory or regulatory processes. With over 20 years of experience practicing law, Harold is a seasoned criminal defense attorney that consistently seeks to favorably and promptly influence the outcome of the legal challenge you or your organization faces. Mr. Cogdell has been recognized by the National Trial Lawyers organization as one of the Top 100 trial attorneys in North Carolina for 2014, 2015 and 2016. An in depth understanding of criminal law and procedural processes can be the difference in the outcome of any case.
Attorney Cogdell is licensed to practice in the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of North Carolina and before the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit. Mr. Cogdell has also practiced via a Pro Hac Vice Order in federal courts in Georgia and Kansas. Attorney Cogdell has extensive experience representing clients under investigation by federal authorities and represented clients in federal court facing a variety of White-Collar fraud and drug offense crimes.
It is advisable to immediately contact an experienced criminal defense attorney upon realizing that you or your organization may have been involved in a criminal offense or upon being contacted by law enforcement or prosecutorial officials. In many instances, Attorney Cogdell has been able to assist governmental officials to quickly sift through unfounded allegations; aid law enforcement officials in developing a more complete understanding of the facts and bring closure to investigations before formal charges are brought that may cause irreparable harm to a client’s reputation. Attorney Cogdell will never take your reputation, freedom or future lightly.
Attorney Harold Cogdell, Jr. routinely handles matters under investigation by federal law enforcement officials and in Federal District Court involving:
- Medicaid & Medicare Fraud (Healthcare Industry)
- Bank, Wire & Mail Fraud (Mortgage & Automotive Finance Industries)
- Tax Fraudulent/Document Preparation Investigations (C.P.A. and Tax Preparers)
- Telecommunication Theft (Engineers and Programmers)
- Drug Conspiracy & Possession with Intent to Distribute Offenses
- Weapons & Possession of Firearms by Felon Offenses
- Money Laundering
- Human Trafficking, Unlawful Re-Entry and other Immigration Offenses
- Manufacture/Possession of Counterfeit Currency
- Identity Theft & Social Security Fraud
- Child Pornography/Sexual Exploitation of Minor
- Pre-Trial and Post-Release Supervision (Probation) Violations
-WHEN RESULTS MATTER-